Looking for a way to cut down on the amount of oil you use while cooking?
If you are baking applesauce is a great substitute! It is a really easy thing to do.
All you have to do is use a 1 to 1 ratio of applesauce to replace oil. This means that if you have a recipe that needs 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, you can use 1/2 of unsweetened applesauce!
What are some other baking substitutes that you use at home?
This is such a great idea Kelsey I can't wait to try it. I have been looking for more vegan/vegetarian options when it comes to baking. I have also tried using coconut oil instead of butter. Even though it is another type of oil it is a lot better for your body instead of vegetable or olive oil. Although I have never tried it myself you can also use bananas instead of oil, I hear that it holds together quite well.
ReplyDeleteI have never thought of this before, Kelsey! I am always looking for ways to cook healthier and sometimes I end up having to use too much oil. Applesauce would have never even crossed my mind. I will have to give this a try. Thanks for the great idea!
ReplyDelete