Saturday, November 23, 2019

Nutrition Tips for Holiday Dinners

Top 10 Nutrition Tips for the Holidays:

1. Don't Skip Meals! This can lead to over eating. Try having a healthy snack instead.
2. Contribute a healthy dish. 
3. Choose your splurges. Choose a couple holiday treats to splurge on instead of having a taste of everything.
4. Think color! Make a plate look festive by adding fruits and veggies.
5. Choose drinks wisely. A majority of people consume their calories by drinking soda/ pop during the holidays. Try water or seltzer as an alternative.
6. Visit the people, not the food!
7. Say no to food pushers. We all have that one family member who insists we eat more. Polity tell them you are full but appreciate the offer.
8. Savor seasonal sweets. Slow down while eating sweets. The faster you eat, the less your enjoy the actual flavor.
9. Eat until you are satisfied. Do not consume food until you feel stuffed.
10. Do NOT feel guilty! Do not feel bad about overindulging, just make sure the next one is healthy.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely cannot handle those relatives that say, "You look thin. Eat more." That is so rude and not helping anyone develop a healthy relationship with food. I really do overindulge during the holidays and these tips are great for everyday as well. I tend to only drink water so that I can save my calories for delicious things. I see a lot of people in my life drinking tons of calories and not understanding how that affects them. These tips should be plastered everywhere so more people know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great tips Kelsey! I will be sure to keep these in mind this holiday season. My favorite tip is the one on choosing drinks wisely, because I can relate and tend to drink a lot more pop then usual during the holidays. You know that saying "it's the holidays" so why not treat yourself.

    ReplyDelete